IEH Laboratories, a Leader in Food Safety, is now accepting applications for multiple Laboratory Analyst - Rotating Shift positions at its facility in Lakeland, FL.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- A high school diploma or GED (required); an associate degree in Biology or related field (preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of aseptic technique in the laboratory
Laboratory Analyst duties include: analysis of food samples for pathogens via PCR and immunoassay, various microbe enumerations, data entry, laboratory reporting, quality control, media preparation, and other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for standard benefits after a brief waiting period. The laboratory operates weekends, so candidates must be willing to work occasional weekends.
There are two schedules available for this position. The first one operates from 7am to 7pm on a rotating shift basis. The second one operates from 7pm to 7am on a rotating shift basis. The first week is Monday, Tuesday and Friday through Sunday; the second week is Wednesday and Thursday.
Due to exposure to various food allergens in the laboratory environment, applicants with moderate to severe food allergies are discouraged from applying.